Use phrases and be specific with your keywords; be flexible:
- "music therapy" AND autistic AND preschool
- Didn't get very many results
- Changed it to this, which is more general: "music therapy" AND autism AND children
Search for synonyms like this:
(elderly OR "older people" OR "older adults" OR geriatric)
- In this example, the parentheses are important--they tell the database to keep that whole phrase together as a command when searching. Some databases will give you the OR option in their provided search boxes--read the screen to know.
Know the difference between Experimental Research Articles and Other Types
- Experimental Research Articles describe an actual experiment (quantitative or qualitative) performed by the author(s). These articles will include the typical sections found in scientific primary research articles: introduction, methods, results, discussion, conclusion.
- The methods section in particular will describe an actual experiment created and performed by the author(s).
- Other Types of Research Articles will often include words such as "literature review," "systematic review," "meta-synthesis," or "meta-analysis."