Hours & Contact Information
January 2014 - By appointment only
Monday 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Tuesday 9:30 am-12:00 pm / 1:00 pm-3:30 pm
Wednesday No Hours / By appt.
Thursday 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Friday No Hours / By appt.
Saturday No Hours
Sunday No Hours
Call 319 352 8461 to set up an appointment or fill out a request form.
About Wartburg Archives
The mission of the Wartburg College Archives is to gather, maintain, preserve, and make available materials that document the college’s history, development, operation, policies, people, activities, and events. Thus the archives functions as the institutional memory of the college.
Archives Use Policy
Archival materials are, by their nature, rare, often irreplaceable, and sometimes fragile. The following precautions have been instituted to ensure these objects are protected:
- Archival materials are non-circulating
- Arrangements can be made to examine archival materials in the Reading Room
- Duplication services are available for some objects
- Researchers must provide sufficient notice that the archive has time to make requested objects available
- Researchers must maintain the arrangement of archival materials as they examine
- Researchers are responsible for the archival materials they examine
- Archival materials cannot be removed from the Reading Room